Turn Self Care Routines into Harmonious Rituals
Self-care doesn't need to cost much money or take hours out of your day. Self-care can be as simple as spending a few extra minutes to slow down, breathe, and focus on the present moment.
An easy way to practice this is before, during, and after your daily skincare routine.
Rather than rushing through your skincare routine, take a moment to slow down and breathe. Be gentle, peaceful, and present.
By shifting your state of mind, you can transform your skin care regimen into a harmonious ritual, a mini meditation.
Follow these simple steps in the morning and evening while cleansing, toning, and moisturizing:
- In front of your sink, relax, breathe, and focus on the present moment.
- Surround yourself with love, peace, joy, and harmony.
- Perform your usual skincare routine. Be very gentle, peaceful, and present. Do not tug or rub your skin.
- Slowly apply each product. Use long circular motions. Upward and outward feel the best.
- Take notice of each product. Focus on the texture, the scent, and how each makes you feel. Relax.
- When you finish, inhale deeply. Give thanks.
And that is it; your skincare routine is now a harmonious ritual.